Original Chapel 1893
Three lots at the corner of Marshall and Noble Streets were purchased in 1891 at a cost of $1,600. The original chapel was built in 1893, first occupied on December 3rd of that year, but was not formally dedicated until December 13, 1896, after “Christ Reformed Church” had been officially organized as a congregation of the former Philadelphia Classis. The first “chapel consisted of little more than walls and roof, heat provided by two stoves, lighting by gas.” Total cost, $6,868. Preacher at the 1896 dedication was the Rev. Dr. S. R. Bridenbaugh, then pastor of Second Church, Reading, but who had been pastor of Ascension Church, Norristown, when this congregation, on January 5, 1890, organized the mission Sunday School which was to become Christ Church.